Recipe adapted from Anna Olson.
Recipe adapted from Anna Olson
3/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
cornmeal, for sprinkling
1/4 cup Basil pesto
3 tablespoons sour cream (not low-fat)
2 ounces Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
2 cups baby Arugula leaves, loosely packed
1. Stir water and yeast together, then stir in flours, salt and olive oil until dough becomes hard to work with a wooden spoon.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for just 1 minute, until dough feels elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
1. While dough is resting, prepare toppings. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add oil. Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes, until tender.
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
3. Add garlic and stir.
4. Add lemon zest.
5. In a separate bowl, stir pesto and sour cream together.
6. Place a baking tray in oven.
7. Divide dough in two and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece as thinly as possible, to about 9 inches across. Remove heating pan or stone from oven and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal.
8. Place rolled crust on pan or stone and spread a thin layer of the pesto mixture all over. Spoon vegetables over top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden at the edges.
9. Grate Parmesan over pizza with a vegetable peeler and top with basil leaves and Arugula immediately before serving.