Dessert for Breakfast - Mixed Berry Omelet
I really don't care whether the chicken or the egg came first, I'm just glad that eggs came at all.
I really don't care whether the chicken or the egg came first, I'm just glad that eggs came at all. They are a staple for an incredible array of dishes, from savory to sweet, taking on flavours like a sponge to water. Omelets, however, have an uncanny reputation to be savory, and savory alone. Sure, you can't go wrong with ham and cheese, but after trying this 'dessert for breakfast' creation, I'm certain you'll be swayed to create more sweet dishes with the ever popular egg.
What you'll need:
- Eggs (I use egg beaters or whites)
- cottage cheese (I used non-fat)
- berries (I used defrosted frozen)
- vanilla protein powder (optional but adds yummy sweetness)
- oats (again optional, but I like a bit of ruffage/carbs after my workout)