Sweden’s Official Twitter Account Tweets About Jews and Hitler
Sweden’s twitter experiment gives a voice to anyone, even those who embarrass the country.
Sweden is known as a liberal democratic country, so it’s no surprise that it’s official Twitter account @Sweden follows the same path, which sometimes leads to some inappropriate conversation.
Last December, Sweden started a Twitter experiment, giving the reigns of its nation’s official Twitter account to common citizens, a new one every week. And if you’ve visited Sweden, then you’ll know that no two Swedes are the same.
On Tuesday, Sonja Abrahamsson, the current trustee of Sweden’s account, decided to take the conversation to a controversial level, tweeting about Jews and Hitler, which, on an account meant to promote Sweden as a tourist destination, seems a little wrong.
Here are a collection of some of Sonja’s tweets:
- What’s the fuzz with Jews. You can’t even see if a person is a jew, unless you see their penises, and even if you do, you can’t be sure!?
- In Nazi Germany they even had to sew stars on their sleeves. If they didn’t, they could never now who was a jew and who was not a jew
- Once I asked a co-worker what a jew is. He was “part jew”, whatever that means. He’s like “uuuuh… jews are.. uh.. well educated..?”
- Where I come from there is no jews. I guess its a religion. But why were the Nazis talking about races? Was it a blood-thing (for them)?
- I’m sorry if some of you find the question offensive. Thats was not my purpose. I just don’t get why some people hate jews so much.
- I thought it was a good idea to ask the question when so many well educated people all over the world can answer. But no. Bad idea.
- Before WW2 Hitler was one of the most beautiful names in the whole wide world. I know. Its as chocking as dolphin rapists.
If you want to see the weirder side of Sonja, and of Sweden, then head over to @Sweden where her other tweets, photos and videos will make these above seem very common and boring.